A survey of the science knowledge and attitudes toward science of nearly 10000 undergraduates at a large public university over a 20-year period included several questions addressing student beliefs in astrology and other forms of pseudoscience. The results from our data reveal that a large majority of students (78%) considered astrology “very” or “sort of” scientific. Only 52% of science majors said that astrology is “not at all” scientific. We find that students’ science literacy, as defined by the National Science Foundation in its surveys of the general public, does not strongly correlate with an understanding that astrology is pseudoscientific, and therefore belief in astrology is likely not a valid indicator of scientific illiteracy.
More here – ResearchGate
PS: If only 52% of science undergraduates believe that astrology is not very scientific then the other 48% are total idiots and should not be there and the university is doing a piss poor job of educating them. As for the 78% who believe that astrology “very” or “sort of” scientific please don’t have children and spread stupid genes.