SO OFTEN WHEN I’m interviewed, or when a trader meets me for the first time, they’ll comment on how I’m exactly the same in real life as I am in my books.
This fills me with warmth, because I do honour authenticity. You get to see me warts and all in this newsletter. I invite you into my self-realisations, and I am rewarded so beautifully with gorgeous emails, cards, and care.
So, here are:
10 things you may NOT know about me… just for fun:
- I think about how quickly time unravels… a lot. I think it’s something to do with having experienced a health issue in my past, as well as having a child who has recently become taller than me. It’s a sub-routine in my brain that plays continuously.
- I wish I could enjoy coffee. Every so often I’ll add 1 grain of instant coffee to my milo, and hope I’ll enjoy it…. and that’s a firm ‘no’ on that topic.
- Wherever I go, even in other countries, people stop me and ask for directions. This is a constant source of amusement because I’m as close to locationally dyslexic as a person could be.
- If you’re standing in front of Chris Tate, and I stand directly behind Chris Tate, it will look like I’m not there at all. I vanish completely from view. No part of me sticks out at all if I’m behind him.
- When he’s not looking, and we’re standing in the sun… I often try to see if I can see my reflection in the back of Chris Tate’s bald head. (Hint: After 20 years of trying… I still can’t).
- I get totally distracted by tickers showing stock prices running along the bottom of a computer or TV screen … they hypnotise me. Over the last 25 years, I’ve probably lost around 100 hours doing this – yet still, I cannot stop.
- I’m not sure if I trust that voice inside my head that says: “You’re doing OK”.
- While writing my Trading Secrets book, I ate so many carrot sticks, the skin all over my body turned a sickly shade of orange (from the carotene). I looked like I had an all-body orange tan. Yet still… I kept on munching and munching.
- I feel an overwhelming need to stick up for people who are having trouble defending themselves.
- At least once a day, I make up a word that sounds like a real word… but it isn’t. It’s one of my more fantabulous habits, don’t you think?And here’s one that you do know about me…
- I’m passionately and ridiculously devoted to helping YOU achieve your goals. That’s what I spend the majority of my day thinking about. That’s what I fight for, even to the point of obsession.
THAT’S who I am. THAT’S what I do.
And now… here’s what I know about you…
You’re ready to live the Trader’s Life. You’re ready to step forwards instead of backwards. You’re feeling a stirring in your gut that says you can do more… be more… and have more… and you’re no longer willing to ignore it.
Feel that flip-flop feeling in your belly? That’s it.
Feel that surge of energy rippling through you? That’s it.
It’s a good thing.
You’re venturing closer to the edge.
You’re getting ready to soar.